Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Wait is OVER!

Leona NaThel Carlson
Welcome to our family!
Nicknames: Lea, Baby Lona (Garrett's).
Born May 5, 2009 (also known as Cinco de Mayo!) Exactly one week late (definately my daughter!)
6 lbs, 7 oz.
19 inches.
Healthy. We couldn't be happier, or prouder parents. I went in Monday night to be induced. She was born at 5:30 the next morning with no complications and with (luckily) a very easy labor! YAY for ME!! We had a lot of visitors in the hospital and loved every second! Thanks everyone for the love, flowers, help with Garrett, and for bringin me Jamba Juice! :)

G-ma & G-pa Carlson brought Garrett the next day, and he didn't even say so much as "Hi" to me. He went straight to "Baby Lona" and wanted to hold her, touch her bow and eyes, and was very intrigued with her tiny toes! Since we've been home, he still LOVES her, but he doesn't love all the attention SHE gets. For example: I was changing Lea's diaper and at the same time, Earl was changing Garrett's, and she started crying, so he had to give his best, whiniest cry as well!
LOVE THIS PIC OF EARL!! My sometimes-all-too-macho husband (I can say that, cuz he probably won't read this!) has completely melted for his daughter. He is just like Garrett. Wants to hold her, look at her, and is also very intrigued with her tiny toes! He has been the BEST HUSBAND EVER!! And he made a killer salmon dinner for us tonight!

Don't love this one of me, but its a good one of Little Lea with her eyes open.

We love her so much and are amazed at how love GROWS. Its amazing how much we love Garrett and can still love another child so much as well. Having children truly makes us love and appreciate our parents so much more. We feel so blessed to be able to be parents to such beautiful, happy, and healthy children.



16 comments:

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Oh my goodness! She is gorgeous! Congratulations, and you look amazing right after giving labor. What's your secret, lady?

Brittany said...

This made me tear up! I am so happy for you guys. She is so cute. Love to you all.

Summer said...

She's so beautiful! I'm glad to finally see her and glad your labor was easy, you deserved it! I can't wait to hold her at church, and I agree with Che'. You look too good for just having a baby. Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys!

Summer said...

By the way, I love your baby counter. It says your 42 wks pregnant!

Krista said...

sniff, sniff... tear :)

Telsha Winger & fam said...

She is beautiful! I'm so excited for your little family. How sweet that little Garrett is so sweet with her. How far apart are they? well congrats congrats!!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Padilla Fam said...

she's here! i am so excited for you! she's so pretty and i love how you call her lea. it's unbelievable how loves grows isn't?

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

YAY! She's here and gorgeous!! I am so happy for you guys, WOOHOO!

Andi said...

How exciting! She is so beautiful. Oh g's I can't wait!!

Westlund Family said...

She is beautfiul! Enjoy your little bundle of joy!

Crystal said...

You guys make such beauitful babies! Congrats!

Lacey and Zach said...

She is so gorgeous! Congrats you guys!!

Austin and Chantell Family said...

Hey Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you and I want to come see her soon! I totally blog stalked you, sorry but I couldn't help myself!

Unknown said...

Wow, these are some very cute pictures. I had no idea that little Earl Carlson was already married and has 2 babies. Congrats!