Friday, May 15, 2009

Brotherly love

I said it in an earlier post, and its still true... Garrett LOVES his little sister! A couple of nights ago I woke up to feed Lea at about 5 am, and as I was getting her out of her bassinette, he sat up on the floor next to her bed and said simply, "Mama." I have no clue how long he was there, if he just came in before that, or if he'd actually been sleeping on the floor! ...Kinda broke my heart! Also, today he was taking a nap and she started crying and it must of woke him up. I heard him saying something from his room, and as Lea quieted down, I understood him. He was saying, "It's okay, Lona," over and over. So I went into his room and tried laying by him (Lea was in the swing by now) but he just said, "Wanna see Lona."
This is him holding her hand:
I know he looks like he's in major pain, but its really his best smile!:
And here's just a couple pics of Lea at one week old:

12 comments:

Telsha Winger & fam said...

so sweet! she is a doll!

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Wow Sara, she really is beautiful. She has such a sweet little face.

Brittany said...

What a beautiful little girl!! I love her outfit! :)

Krista said...

Ooooh! I have to come up there!!! Garrett's 'smile' makes me laugh. He really needs to work on that... :)

Liz said...

She is beautiful!! I remember Ethan holding one of the twins' hand whenever we would go somewhere in the car. Those are the moments that make it worthwhile. I'm so glad he loves his sister!

Brittany said...

I let Brooke see the new pictures of "baby lona" and when she saw garett she asked me why he was hurt. She didnt believe me when I told her he was smiling!!

Sarah said...

Okay, that is funny about Brooke!! :)

johnandjana said...

What a sweet little girl. She is really pretty. Congrats.

Padilla Fam said...

how cute is that?! i can't wait to have another baby!

Westlund Family said...

We're going private, email your email address to westlund322@yahoo.com

~*Summers Family Fun*~ said...

She is soo cute! Its amazing to me how we have all grown since highschool and have our own little families. Your blog is cute and I can't believe how active you stayed while pregnant!! I have heard that you are doing a great job as cheer coach...

Krista said...

On my blog list it shows that you have gone the LONGEST without posting.
Why are hogging you G-man and and Baby-girl all for yourself?!
Share!
I need pictures!